Anti-Racism for School Governors
The beauty of anti-racism is that you don’t have to pretend to be free of racism to be an anti-racist. Anti-racism is the commitment to fight racism wherever you find it, including in yourself. And it’s the only way forward.
– Ijeoma Oluo
During our three-hour session, we will cover the following:
- Build understanding, skills and confidence to incorporate anti-racism in your role as a governor
- Consider how racism continues to manifest in our schools and children’s day to day lives
- Receive a suite of handpicked adult-level resources for further exploration
- Build understanding and knowledge about how biases, racism and its history manifest in the world today.
- Reflect on some of our own conscious and unconscious biases.
- Receive a booklist of anti-racist literature for all ages from the Tower Hamlets Schools Library Service
Delivered by two facilitators, capped at 25 attendees. Available face to face or online.
- Schools subscribed to the Tower Hamlets School Library Services, £600
- Non- subscribing schools, £750
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org | Click here to learn about our Terms and Conditions.
Image credit: “Discussions at Kirklees School Governors Conference #kirkgovconf16” by johnpopham is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0