Towards an Anti-Racist Curriculum
Global Learning London is offering schools an unprecedented opportunity to interrogate the role they play in challenging and re-balancing inequality of opportunity and outcomes and act upon it through anti-racist practice.
Our support package for schools consists of:
- Three 1.5 hour training sessions (one per term) bringing Lead Teachers from schools together to lay the groundwork, track progress and provide peer support in a dialogic space
- One half-day training support for each school delivered to all staff. We will share tried and tested global learning methodologies in an interactive space whilst sparking conversation and learning around the decolonising of curriculums, the importance of Black British History and the impact of language and leadership in school contexts. Teachers will be able to continue to develop their awareness and skills through digital training resources following the session.
- One in-depth surgery with the Senior Leadership Team of each school, to consult on transforming curriculum with a practical action plan and road map to reform.
The package will be delivered as follows:
- Session One Twilight for lead teachers (90 minutes)
- Half-day training for each school targeting all staff (online)
- Session Two Twilight for lead teachers (90 minutes, online)
- Surgeries with SLT teams in each school
- Session Three Twilight for lead teachers (90 minutes)
- Self-evaluation and ongoing support through telephone, email and school visits where required
If you would like to access this opportunity, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- £2000 per school
- £1500 per school, subscribed to Tower Hamlets School Library Services
Image credit: “Protest – Black Lives Matter – London 2020” by livvya is licensed with CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.