Towards an Anti-Racist Curriculum
Global Learning London is offering Tower Hamlets schools an unprecedented opportunity to interrogate the role they play in challenging and re-balancing inequality of opportunity and outcomes and act upon it through anti-racist practice.
Our support package for schools consists of:
- Three 1.5 hour training sessions (one per term) bringing Lead Teachers from Tower Hamlets schools together to lay the groundwork, track progress and provide peer support in a dialogic space
- One half-day training support for each school, delivered to all staff. We will share tried and tested global learning methodologies in an interactive space whilst sparking conversation and learning around the decolonising of curriculums, the importance of Black British History and the impact of language and leadership in school contexts. Teachers will be able to continue to develop their awareness and skills through digital training resources following the session.
- One in-depth surgery with the Senior Leadership Team of each school, to consult on transforming curriculum with a practical action plan and road map to reform.
The package will be delivered as follows:
- Session One Twilight: Tuesday, 21 September 2021, 16:00-17:30 (online)
- Half-day training for each school targeting all staff (online)
- Session Two Twilight: Wednesday, 23 February 2022, 16:00-17:30
- Surgeries with SLT teams in each school
- Session Three Twilight: Wednesday, 29 June 2022, 16:00-17:30
- Self-evaluation and ongoing support through telephone, email and school visit where required
The following schools are taking part in our programme:
- Bonner Primary School
- Bow School
- Bygrove School
- Chisenhale Primary School
- Clara Grant Primary
- Columbia Primary School
- Elizabeth Selby Infants School
- Langdon Park
- Manorfield Primary School
- Marner Primary School
- Oaklands Secondary School
- Olga Primary
- St Pauls Way Foundation School (Primary)
- St Peter’s London Docks
- Stebon Primary School
- Stepney All Saints School and Sixth Form
- Virginia Primary School
- William Davis Primary School
- Woolmore Primary School
If you are part of a state-funded school in Tower Hamlets and would like to access this opportunity, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Funded by Tower Hamlets Council’s Strategy, Policy and Performance Team.
Photo credit: “Protest – Black Lives Matter – London 2020” by livvya is licensed with CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.