Fully Funded, Level 2 – Shared Ground: A CPD for Schools on Teaching about Migration
This training combines adult-level thinking with practical activities for the classroom in a comprehensive approach that is both informative and interactive.
Every Shared Ground Migration CPD includes a range of activities. These all support the learning outcomes which are that you, as a teacher or TA, will:
- Gain deeper awareness and understanding of the realities and complexities of Migration
- Have reflected on their own understanding, views and attitudes towards Migration, considering multiple perspectives
- Have increased confidence to explore attitudes and experiences within their school community and understand how to create open spaces for dialogue and critical thinking
- Explore a range of effective teaching resources and methodologies to nurture learners’ values, skills and attitudes for understanding, engaging with and acting positively on issues around Migration
- Have a range of new approaches to support learners to understand global and historical inequality, become more open to difference, identify and challenge racist attitudes and therefore be more able to build relationships based on equity and trust
- Have critically applied new ideas and approaches within their own school contexts
- Have gained tools to evaluate teaching methods and the impact they have
Online Courses – Summer Term 2021
26 May, 9 and 15 June, 3.30 pm to 5.30 pm: Please book here.
17 June and 8 July, 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm: Please book here.
The course is approved by the British Council for delivery within Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning (CCGL) continuing professional development offer. This means that there is funding available for you as an educator working in a state-funded school, in England, to complete the course.
- There is no training pre-requisite to access this CPD.
- To book, you must be available on all dates, with no exceptions.
- Before going ahead, please take a moment to review our Cancellation Policy.
- Only bookings with official school emails will be accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact our team, firstname.lastname@example.org